Heavy Equipment / Truck Mechanic At Beaty Construction Inc.
Are you a team player looking for a full-time long term position in a solid company that provides top notch insurance and retirement benefits? If so, we want you.
Mechanics duties will be repairs and preventive maintenance on Trucks and Heavy equipment. These duties would involve assembly, disassembly, and/or repair of lubrication systems, cooling systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, brakes, suspension systems and exhaust systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must have basic tools and tool box, company provides specialty tools and equipment
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment
- Raise trucks or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists
- Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly
- Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions
- Rebuild heavy equipment undercarriages
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine
- May drive forklift or other powered industrial truck
- Housekeeping (clean up after yourself)
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA and other related state and federal regulations
- Ability to communicate effectively across various levels of the organization
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedural manuals
- Must meet all regulatory requirements to operate trucks and other equipment, Valid Driver’s License (required)
- Perform DOT inspections on trucks and trailers
- Class B CDL would be a plus but not required.
- Some welding experience desired
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- EEO/Drug Free Workplace
High School Diploma, GED and equivalent work experience
Beaty Construction Co. Inc.
Attn: Kim Coffey
5292 W 100 North
Boggstown, In. 46110
Structural Steel Shop Fabricator/Welders
Parker Manufacturing is looking for experienced, safety-minded Structural Steel Fabricators/Welders. This position offers a fixed base location, competitive wages and a challenging career.
Responsible for cutting, fitting and welding projects as directed.
- 5 years of prior structural steel fabrication experience.
- Must be able to read and understand shop fabrication drawings and be able to layout, fit-up and form material according to the prints.
- Required to pass a FCAW welding test.
- Must have a good understanding of welding symbols.
- Prior bridge work experience is a plus.
- Must be able to work different shifts as directed by supervision.
Click here to apply